Wednesday, February 3, 2016

How To - Ball Jar Stitch Markers (Part Two)

This is a follow up to yesterday's How To Tuesday tutorial for making Ball Jar Stitch Markers. 

Look at how glossy those jars are!  I like Mod Podge Dimensional Magic because it pours a thick layer of gloss that sits right on the surface of the project.
Notice the difference between the colored jars, and the jars with outline only.  I like them both, and it's good to have options.
Now that the pieces are well and set, it's time to add the hardware.  Really, you can use whatever supplies you have on hand.  I happen to have and use:

Pliers
Jump rings, sizes: 4mm, 6mm, and 10mm
Large lobster clasps (optional)
First, I begin with the 6mm jump ring and attach them to the plastic pieces.  Then, I open a 4mm jump ring and attach both the 6mm ring AND the 10mm ring to the opened ring.  I try to open as few rings as possible to avoid any unnecessary stretching of the metal.
Remember when opening jump rings to separate them in an "up and down" manner, not side to side.  Pulling the ring apart weakens the metal and could cause it to break.
I hope you've found this tutorial to be helpful.  All of the supplies I used for these markers were purchased at Joanns.  Except for the Ball Jar rubber stamp.  I made that, and I'd be happy to make one for you, too!

Feel free to tag me on Facebook and Instagram @hoffeeandanuffin and #hoffeeandanuffin when you've made your stitch markers.  I'd love to see what you've created!  Thanks again for following along on my handmade journey.  Happy crafting!


1 comment:

trollski said...

very nice markers and great set of instructions how to make it. When I get some free time I will do mine. Thanks for idea.