Sunday, February 3, 2013

Baa!

“It is pure potential. Every ball or skein of yarn holds something inside it, and the great mystery of what that might be can be almost spiritual” 
― Stephanie Pearl-McPheeKnitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks


Inspired by my Sheep Ball of Yarn hand carved rubber stamp, I've been dreaming of making this girl for a couple of months now.  I'm quite pleased with how she turned out and look forward to creating a small flock.

She is a mixed media sculpture made from polymer clay and wool yarn, and of course, love and imagination.  She is adorned with a little gold bell and vintage floral fabric from my grandmother's stash.
I couldn't help but draw her a couple of friends. She'd otherwise be lonely.
I was first introduced to polymer clay when I was very young.  My aunt still has the little cow I made!  These next items are a few I have in my personal collection and they were all made in 2002 (really, twelve years ago?!)

7 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

you are so very talented! I am in love with the little sheep!

Jan Christiansen said...

These are adorable! Love the little sheep.

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

I love, love, love your little sheep!

hoffee and a nuffin said...

Thanks, Ladies! I am working on creating a small flock for our Spring Bazaar in May. I'll post more pics as this project develops. Many thanks for your kind words and support!

s01lotus said...

Your creations are simply beautiful. I see you will have some of your little lambs in your Spring Bazaar. Will there be any available to purchase on-line? I believe I would be a little far to come to your bazaar, even though I would love to. Thanks for any info.

hoffee and a nuffin said...

Thank you very much! I have plans to release a limited number of them online before the bazaar, then they'll be available in my Etsy shop after May.

s01lotus said...

Thank you so much for the information! Can't wait until they are available.