Thursday, June 1, 2017

Coloring Page - Thinking of You Note Card

EMBRACING CHANGE: Many of you have witnessed a shift in my creative interests lately.  I began my journey as a sock monkey maker, and while I still do love the sock monkeys and still enjoy making them (and I will if you ask me!), my rubber stamp adventure ultimately required more of my time than making sock monkeys.  BIG CHANGES ARE ON THE HORIZON.  I'll have more to tell you about that very soon.

About a year ago, a very dear friend sent me a set of watercolors to encourage me to give them a fair chance (thanks, Jenn!); I knew then that I really do love painting more than I had realized.  I'm not defined by just one type of art or craft.  Little moments in everyday life inspire new interests, crafts, and hobbies.  I love it all!  And with that, I'd like to share those pieces of myself with you whenever I can.  I'd love also to encourage YOU to draw, color, paint, sculpt, sew, crochet, knit...  anything.  Simply CREATE.  Every day.  If you have children, create with them.  If you don't have children, create with a friend.  I believe that art is a form of therapy.  Even writing a letter can be therapeutic.

NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF: Occasionally I'd like to create a coloring page to share with you.  It's not super fancy, it's just for fun.  Coloring pages are for personal use and are not to be used for reproduction or for sale.  Today's coloring page is actually a set of note cards.  After you download and print your page, cut the paper in half horizontally so that you get two pieces of paper that measure 8.5" x 5.5".  (The images should be on the right.)  You may then score and fold the pages in half, giving you two cards that measure (A2) 4.25" x 5.5".

Color your pictures, then send the cards to someone with a handwritten note inside letting them know that you're thinking of them.  Enjoy!

As always, thanks for following along on my handmade journey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. So hard to choose just one creative interest. Thank you for sharing your many talents so generously!
-HRP