Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our Snow Day

That's it, I'm afraid. Just the one day. It took us until March but we got it!
Just last night it was blustery and raining, so much so that our play area was flooded. Looks like some ducks would be quite cozy here, wouldn't you say?
Only a short 12 hours later the same spot mostly covered in snow! No, it's not a LOT of snow, but a couple of inches for us is something to mention.
The monkeys and I got ourselves bundled up and went for a walk in the neighborhood. It was a quiet and peaceful morning walk. By using our master tracking skills we could see where some dogs had been taken for their morning walks, and even saw where a bird was hopping around, possibly looking for the occasional worm for breakfast. They should have looked on the next street over as there were MANY worms wriggling around on the surface of the snow...
V E R Y S L O W L Y - Yep, bird food!
There's nothing better than coming in from playing in the wet snow than changing out of your wet jeans and sitting in front of a heater so nice and warm and dry. I'd say I've got a couple of happy little monkeys today!
As I write this, it's snowing again. The boys will spend some time at the kitchen table coloring and cutting out their plants and zombies and I'll be working busily on some more rubber stamps. I hope you're enjoying your day, too!

1 comment:

Charissa ~ www.MadMadme.com said...

I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Congrats, I hope this brings many new readers your way (though you certainly do not need my help!)

http://032ad8a.netsolhost.com/madmad/2012/03/19/i-won-the-versatile-blogger-award/#.T2frP4EVGSo