Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fun With Shrink Film!

The things I do for my children!  
I've been experimenting with Grafix Shrink Film lately and this morning my Monkey #2 places a circle of film over the back of his notebook and tells me ALL about how I can color this Super Mario power and shrink it for him.

So, I did.  In the process I got to explain to him about coloring techniques: choosing and using different shades of colors, coloring from light to dark, and how to blend them together.  I hope he learned something from this morning's lesson.  I know I did!

I learned that you CAN color on shrink film with pencil if you scuff it with sandpaper first.  The color will look very pale, but becomes rather vibrant when you shrink the plastic.  The last image is our "coin" with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to seal and protect our colored image.  The most important lesson: spending time with your child and teaching them about art is time well spent!
I love this little guy!

No comments: