Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Very Own Granny Afghan

FINALLY! I've finally started my very own afghan - something I've been wanting to do for a very long time now. I like the look of the traditional granny square and want it to be very colorful. At first I wanted it to be pink, turquoise and white. Like cherry blossoms. Maybe I'll make one of those another time. For now, this one will be random and the monkeys will help me pick the colors in each square.

My evenings are for making a square, or two, or three... until I have the (MANY) number of squares needed to make an afghan to fit a queen sized bed.
So far I have six. That's okay... that's six more than NONE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good girl! I have a whole BIG basketful of squares (with black borders, like my Grandma made) that I made over the years from my leftovers. Some year I need to join them! I like yours with white borders. It will be beautiful!
Elaine S

Danyel said...

It's going to look great! I want to make some kind of blanket for each of my kids... but haven't settled on a style.

hoffee and a nuffin said...

Elaine, you better get to joining them! No better time than now to get started ;)

P.S. If you don't start, you'll surely never finish!

hoffee and a nuffin said...

Danyel, when the day comes that you make blankets for the kids, I just know they'll be AMAZING!

Amy said...

You KNOW I love grannies....LOVE!!!!